waterfall

I wrote earlier this year of my desire to make it back to my favourite haunt: the waterfalls in the Neath Valley.

Well, I haven’t quite got there, but in need of some therapy after my recent scan I decided to see if I could get to an easily accessible fall at Melin Court near Neath.  I’d not been to this location before as I felt it too easy to get there and there were loads of images of the fall so I felt I could add nothing new.

But challenges are there for a reason.  And what would have been a 5-minute walk when I was healthy turned into an hour-long slog through the pain barrier.  It was well worth it though I think.  I got 2 images, one wide-angle of the whole gorge and a further zoomed in (and turned to black & white later) to pick out some detail.

No filters were needed to enable the longer shutter speeds as the gorge was pretty dark to start with. Composition wise, in the first image I love how the green ferns seem to frame the falls.

The only problem now is that I know I am nowhere near able to get to my beloved falls in the immediate future.  I don’t know if I shall ever see them again and that hurts.

Fujifilm X-T2, Samyang 12mm f2.0
1 second at f8, ISO 100
tripod, self-timed release

Fujifilm X-T2, Fujinon 55-200 f3.5-4.8 at 172.5mm
1.3 seconds at f11, ISO 100
tripod, self-timed release

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts