magenta

My favourite place at the moment is Craig y Nos Country Park at the foot of the Brecon Beacons.

When I say “at the moment” I mean all the time.  I really love going there - as does Dexter.

Around 130 years ago, the world-famous opera singer Adelina Patti who owned the land there at the time planted hundreds of rhododendron bushes, including some that have grown into a tunnel of sorts.

Anyway, I went there a couple of weeks ago with a very definite idea for an image I wanted to make.  I wanted to capture this scene while the bushes were still in bloom but had also shed enough petals to coat the floor of the tunnel.

I used a longer focal length to compress the image.  Using a wide angle lens would have resulted in parts of the image looking very small and insignificant.  I also used a polariser to take some glare off the leaves and saturate the image's colours a little.

Fujifilm X-T2, Fujinon 55-200 f3.5-4.8 at 55mm
0.3 seconds at f11, ISO 100
tripod, self timed release







Comments

  1. Oh, how lovely! We had a rhododendron bush in our front garden up north. It was lovely too, but not quite as lovely as your tunnel! I can see why this is your favorite place. :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts