alone

I love living near the coast (it’s a 10 minute or so drive from my home to the nearest piece of coastline) so it’s no surprise that I take loads of photographs there.  They’re usually sweeping landscapes with lovely sunrises or sunsets, gorgeous light and a dramatic sea.

But sometimes my trips there result in a much less dynamic image.  One such trip to meet one of my oldest friends recently saw me make the image below.  The light was awful, there’s no interesting foreground and the picture certainly cannot be described as “dynamic”!

But there is something about it I love.  It’s my much used three-tiered composition, and the lone figure on the vastness of the beach makes it interesting.  For me, anyway.

Fujifilm X-T2, Fujinon 55-200 f3.5-4.8 @ 100mm
1/1500th of a second at f4, ISO 100
handheld


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts