selfie

Before you ask, this was not taken by a monkey but by a trained “professional”!

I went to Langland Bay near Swansea at the start of May with my photography class.  Now, Langland is a lovely, lovely beach, but it is not photogenic.  That’s why we were taken there: to force us to concentrate on composition.

While everyone headed onto the beach, I strolled up into the shade of the famous beach huts there and found this view of the beach framed by palm trees. I got a couple of shots of folk walking on the promenade, but the slow shutter speed needed to get the necessary light into my camera meant that the subjects weren’t always sharp.

So, I thought I’d set the camera’s timer to 10 seconds and take a picture of myself staring out to sea.  Now, I’m not very quick on my feet so it took a few attempts to get one satisfactory image framed as I wanted myself to be.

Fujifilm X-T2, Fujinon 10-24mm f4.0 at 10mm
1/15th of a second at f8, ISO 100
tripod, 10 second timer

Comments

  1. How can any beach NOT be photogenic???? ALL beaches are beautiful! (PS Nice composition!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts