it's too hot

I used to love the hot summer weather.  Well, when we got some here in Wales that is.  And when I was a racing cyclist I always put in my best performances while others were suffering in the heat.

I loved the end of season beach holiday too.  Somewhere warm like Crete, Tenerife or Corfu.  I used that time to cover up the stupid sun tan I got whilst cycling – brown lower legs, arms and face and pure white everywhere else!  I loved the sun.  And after 6 months or so of abstinence I’d enjoy a few beers in the continental sun too.

But now?  Now I can’t stand it.  Sun or beer. I don’t know why, but since I got ill I struggle to spend any time in warm temperatures. And the mere smell of alcohol makes me really quite nauseous.

Today (May Day here in the UK) the temperature is climbing into the high 20’s. Weather that before would have seen me out on my bike in the morning and sunbathing in the afternoon.  Today though, I’ve spent around 20 minutes in the sun before retreating back into the cool of the house and the shade.

Still, at least it’s got me out of painting the fence.

you missed a bit....



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts