being ill

As I write this (towards the end of April) I’m suffering from yet another bout of ill health.

I’ve had some really bad bone pain in my upper back and jaw.  More bouts of nausea and other bowel problems from which I’ll spare you the detail.

But the upshot of it all is that I’m fed up.  I’ve lost any energy that I had so my photography and videography has stalled.  I’m even struggling to write this such is my total lack of vim and vigour.  My lovely dog, Dexter, just looks at me.  He just wants to play as we usually do throughout the day. I just want to go back to bed.

so handsome 

 But I know that I can’t just stay in bed.  I can’t just give in – as much as the call to do so is strong.

I saw my consultant recently and all my bloods are stable which is good, right?

Well I don’t “trust” them as an indicator of my health.  About three months before I was diagnosed with myeloma I saw a consultant haematologist to discuss the ongoing presence of paraproteins in my blood.  She told me that they were so low and stable that I could stop worrying about them progressing to myeloma until I was a much, much older man.

Then my back broke! 

Anyway, such is life I guess.  I’ve gone through periods like this before and emerged unscathed from the other side so, chin up!


Comments

  1. Can you ask for a second opinion? If you're not feeling well isn't that the best indicator of your health? I'm sorry to hear this but I'd be complaining til they were sick of hearing me......but then, I'm a bitch....your mileage may vary. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts