well, erm.... hello

Yes, hello.

It seems I might have some time on my hands and my sister thought it a good idea to start one of these.

Thanks.

Setting this up couldn't have been easier.  Apart that is from thinking of a name for it.  

"During the meanwhilst" takes me back to my teenage years.  In 1979 Monty Python's Life of Brian was released.  It was promptly banned from being shown in any cinema in my home city by our forward thinking council (the same one that thought that ripping up the World's (yes, the World's) first ever passenger railway was a super idea).

Video recorders cost about a year's salary and Youtube hadn't been invented yet so there was no way of seeing the film.

But as they usually did in the old days, the Pythons released an LP soundtrack comprising some of some of the best bits of the film, interspersed with various links - one of which contained the phrase "during the meanwhilst".  Luckily this record found its way into my Christmas stocking that year so I could get my Python fix.

It sums this blog up I guess - I hope to fill it with the useless things I get up to while the rest of the world goes about its business.


Comments

  1. Welcome to the Blogosphere! You're going to have a great time! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts